Instant Pot Creamy Pumpkin Tuscan Soup is insanely easy and totally delectable. This warming, nourishing fall recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, whole30 recipe.
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cups peeled, chopped sweet potato
2 (15-oz) cans pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup (optional, omit for whole30)
1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
Optional toppings: toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh rosemary, greek yogurt or sour cream
- Add the onion, sweet potato, pumpkin, tomato sauce, honey (if using), chicken stock, garlic powder, cinnamon, and salt to 6-quart electric pressure cooker.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
- Add the coconut milk. Using an immersion blender, blend until well combined and very smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully ladle the cooked tomato mixture into a blender, working in batches. Make sure the lid is on tightly, cover with a towel, and blend until well combined and very smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt if desired.
Try this version and add sweet potato.
- Heat the onion and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Cook until softened, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet potato, pumpkin, tomato sauce, honey (if using), chicken stock, garlic powder, cinnamon, and salt, stirring to combine.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Follow step 4-5 above, then serve.
Bump up the protein by topping with some cooked crumbled sausage or roasted chickpeas.
Serve with Grilled Hummus, Apple and Caramelized Onion Sandwiches or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Top with toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh rosemary, greek yogurt or sour cream.