Baked beans are a simple side dish everyone loves. These Easy-Prep Slow Cooker Baked Beans are a cinch to make at home, contain no refined sugar, and require minimal prep time. They are perfect for potlucks, barbecues, or make an easy side dish any night of the week.
1 15-oz can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoon molasses
4 15-oz cans beans, rinsed and drained (white beans, pinto beans, and garbanzo beans work well, or try a mix)
- Combine the tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, honey, and molasses into the bottom of a slow cooker. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the rinsed beans to the tomato mixture, stirring to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6. If you want thicker beans, cook a little longer. If the beans are too thick at the end of the cooking time add a little water to thin it out. Serve warm.
I used a 3-Quart Slow Cooker for this recipe.
This recipe is very kid-friendly, but here are some options for adapting the recipe for resistant eaters:
- If your child prefers a certain type of beans (chickpeas or white beans for example) feel free to use those in this recipe.
- Taste the smoked paprika before adding it to the recipe. Some can be on the spicy side, so omit it if yours is spicy and you have a child sensitive to heat.