This Easy 4-Ingredient Guacamole is so simple and tastes amazing. It’s the perfect party appetizer or everyday condiment; use it as a dip, a topping, or just straight out of the bowl. Everything is better with guacamole!
4 large, ripe avocados
1 garlic glove, finely minced or grated
2 limes, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the lime juice, garlic, and salt to a medium-sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut the avocados in half, removing the pits. Scoop the flesh into the bowl with the lime juice, garlic, and salt. Mash the avocado with a fork until a creamy dip forms, leaving some large avocado chunks for texture.
- Serve immediately as a dip or topping. If making the guacamole ahead of time squeeze extra lime juice over the top and cover very tightly with plastic wrap to keep from browning.
This classic guacamole is mild and creamy, making it a hit with many kids, but here are some options for resistant eaters:
- Use less lime juice than the recipe calls for. Set aside a kid-portion, then add the rest of the lime juice for everyone else.
- Skip the lime juice and the garlic altogether, serving avocado simply mashed with salt. You can always add those flavors in later as your child becomes open to new flavors.