Glow from the inside out with these easy, insanely delicious Chocolate Covered Golden Glow Bites!
Say hello to your new favorite snackable treat.
Chocolate Covered Golden Glow Bites are everything you’re looking for when it comes to a nourishing, crave-worthy treat, but without the refined sugar or processed junk.
These powerhouse bites also happen to be packed with inflammatory fighting turmeric, making them as good for your body as they are for you tastebuds.
I’ve been looking for a way to add turmeric to just about everything these days, but in a manner that my hubby and 6 year-old will devour without a second thought.
These little bites definitely do the trick, and you may just find yourself hiding them in the back of the fridge to keep them all to yourself (don’t worry, I won’t judge).
Check the recipe for options to make these with almond flour or oat flour, depending on your particular preferences and dietary needs.
You may even want to make a double batch to have glow bites on hand for whenever a sweet craving strikes.
They also freeze well, and taste just like a high-end truffle straight out of the deep freeze.
I hope you’ll give them a try soon.
If you make ’em, be sure to share on Instagram, tagging @realfoodwholelife so I can drool over your final product.
If you’re a fan of these, be sure to try my recipe for these no bake & nut free energy bites too.
Now, let’s make some Chocolate Covered Golden Glow Bites!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Use almond flour for a grain-free version, or oat flour for a nut-free option.
2 | Skip the chocolate if you prefer a completely refined-sugar free bite. Or dip half or all the way in chocolate (my preferred method)!
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Naturally Sweetened, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Paleo
Chocolate Covered Golden Glow Bites
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour or oat flour*
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ to 1 cup dark chocolate chips**
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond or oat flour, turmeric, cinnamon, and black pepper, stirring until well incorporated.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough, and roll into a ball. Place the ball on a large plate lined with a silicone mat or plastic wrap. Continue rolling remaining dough.
- Refrigerate the balls until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate.
- Remove the balls from the refrigerator, and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Place each chocolate-dipped ball back on the to silicone or plastic wrap lined plate.
- Refrigerate until firm, about an hour, then enjoy immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days.