Perfect for baby’s first birthday, Banana Maple Smash Cupcakes are full of goodness, naturally sweetened, dairy-free, gluten-free and so easy to make!
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
1 cup (very ripe) mashed banana
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups oat flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Vanilla Bean Sea Salt Coconut Cream, for frosting
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until well incorporated.
- Grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan with silicone liners. Spoon 3-4 heaping tablespoons of batter into each cup.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
- Frost with chilled Vanilla Bean Sea Salt Coconut Cream.
*Make your own oat flour for this recipe by placing 2 cups whole rolled oats in a blender and blending until a coarse flour forms. You can purchase pre-made oat flour at many grocery stores and natural food markets or online. If you are gluten-free be sure to buy oats that are specifically labeled gluten-free.
Use Vanilla Bean Sea Salt Coconut Cream as a dairy-free, naturally-sweetened frosting for the cupcakes, or use any type of frosting you like.
Skip the frosting and serve as muffins.
Add sprinkles! I used dye-free rainbow sprinkles.