Asian Quinoa Bowls with 5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce are packed with vibrant veggies and topped with the easiest peanut sauce ever. A new weeknight classic that just got simpler.
For the Asian Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 cup frozen, defrosted edamame
1 cup shredded or grated carrot
5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce
⅓ cup natural peanut butter, at room temperature or melted
1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
4 tablespoons low-sodium, gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
4 tablespoon rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
⅓ cup warm water
Hot sauce to taste
- Place the quinoa along with just under 2 cups water and salt in a medium saucepan. Cover, bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cover and simmer on low an additional 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow to sit, covered, for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the peanut sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, garlic, maple syrup, tamari, rice vinegar or lime juice and warm water until very smooth.
- Fluff the quinoa and broccoli with a fork. Add the quinoa, broccoli, cabbage, edamame, and carrots to a large bowl. Pour over the peanut sauce and stir to combine.
- Top with hot sauce if desired, then serve immediately or store, covered, for up to 5 days.
Use almond butter or sunflower butter in place of the peanut butter.
Add grilled fish, chicken, or steak on the side.
Serve the bowl deconstructed: plain quinoa with a little butter or olive oil, steamed broccoli, raw carrot, edamame and the peanut sauce on the side for dipping.