5 simple ingredients combine in this easy, crowd-pleasing 5-Ingredient Sweet Potato and Asparagus Egg Bake recipe. It’s vegetarian, gluten- and dairy-free, and just the thing for brunch or a lazy breakfast at home.
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
12 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt, stirring until the potatoes are well coated. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping once, until the sweet potatoes are golden and cooked through.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the dish and set aside. To the same baking dish, add the asparagus, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt, stirring until the asparagus is well coated. Roast for 10 minutes, flipping once, until the asparagus is slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and turn the heat down to 350F.
- Add the sweet potatoes back to the pan with the asparagus. Pour in the egg mixture, stirring to combine.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is cooked through.
If you don’t like or can’t find asparagus, try chopped broccoli or cauliflower. Both are tasty roasted and would work well in this egg dish.
Planning to make this dish ahead? Roast the veggies and whisk the eggs up to 2 days ahead, then cool and store each separately, covered, in the fridge. I like to roast the veggies in the dish I’ll be using and then cool and cover so as not to dirty an extra pan. When you’re ready to serve, simply pour the egg mixture over the roasted veggies and bake according to the recipe.