All the flavor without the work, 5-Ingredient Potsticker Meatballs make the perfect weeknight dinner. Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and so delicious!
I need simple in my life right now.
But then again, don’t we all?
As we are currently cozily living with my parents in their condo until our renovation is over, I just haven’t had the time or energy to spend in the kitchen.
There’s something about this transition that has sapped my energy and creativity, and I’ve been struggling to think of new recipes and to find time to photograph.
Sometimes, though, these real-life struggles result in something good, which is certainly the case with these 5-Ingredient Potsticker Turkey Meatballs.
I wanted a recipe that was easy to prepare, required minimal prep, and very few ingredients. I also wanted something a clean and light that everyone will eat (mom, dad, Andrew, and Elle).
These meatballs certainly do the trick, and along with the Honey Lime Sauce, make for a simple and completely satisfying meal.
Enjoy them alone with the dipping sauce, or atop a giant bowl of noodles or zoodles. I’ve been obsessed with butternut squash zoodles lately, and they add warmth and heartiness to the finished dish. You can find directions for making squash zoodles, below.
The meatballs also freeze well, so even if you’re cooking for one or two, go ahead and make the whole recipe and freeze what you don’t eat for another night. There’s nothing better than a freezer full of ready-to-eat meatballs.
Now, let’s make some 5-Ingredient Potsticker Turkey Meatballs!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Serve the sauce on the side for dipping.
2 | Alternatively, serve on top of soba noodles, whole wheat spaghetti, zoodles or butternut squash noodles (pictured), tossed with the sauce. Double the sauce if you choose this method.
3 | Want to make spiralized butternut squash? Using a spiralizer, spiralize the top section of a peeled butternut squash. Heat a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 clove chopped garlic. Add the squash and a pinch of kosher salt, tossing to coat. Cook 3-5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the squash is tender but not mushy.
4 | This recipe will work with ground-light or dark-meat turkey. I prefer to use 1 pound of each.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, and Whole30 Friendly
5-Ingredient Potsticker Turkey Meatballs
- 6 garlic cloves minced or finely grated
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest from about 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds ground turkey dark-meat, light-meat, or a combination of both
Honey Lime Dipping Sauce
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey omit the honey for Whole30
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, orange juice, olive oil, lime zest and salt. Add the turkey and stir gently to combine, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of the turkey into your hands, gently rolling into a ball (the mixture will be sticky, so rinse your hands in between to prevent sticking if necessary). Place the meatballs on a greased, rimmed baking sheet. Continue with the remaining turkey mixture. You may need to use two baking sheets to avoid overcrowding the pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Make the Dipping Sauce:
- Whisk together the lime juice, honey, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, scallion and red pepper flakes.
- Serve the meatballs with the dipping sauce on the side, or on top of soba noodles, whole wheat spaghetti, zoodles or butternut squash noodles, tossed with the sauce.