The easiest, most delicious, crazy simple recipe, 3-Ingredient Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes is your new go-to for weeknight cooking.Everything cooks at once, so dinner’s done in minutes! Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup salsa, divided*
4 small Russet potatoes, scrubbed**
Optional toppings: additional salsa, avocado, chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, pickled red onion, sour cream
- Add ½ cup salsa and ¾ cup water to a 6-quart electric pressure cooker, stirring to combine.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, then add to the pressure cooker, submerging in the salsa-water mixture.
- Add the steamer inset , then arrange the potatoes in an even layer on top.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure, remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the steamer insert and the potatoes.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken, then stir into the cooking liquid.
- Slice each potato in half, then top with the shredded chicken, remaining salsa, and any other toppings you like.
*Look for a thick salsa, without any added sugar. I’ve found that the jarred variety works well.
**Small potatoes work best for this recipe. Medium- to large-sized potatoes won’t cook all the way through. If you do end up with potatoes that aren’t cooked through, stick them back into the pressure cooker and cook on high for 5 more minutes.
Serve the chicken and potatoes separately for resistant eaters.