So fresh and simple to prepare, 20-Minute Turkey Tacos with Peach Basil Salsa is a flavor-packed, easy weeknight dinner everyone will love.
For the Tacos:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow or white onion, finely chopped, divided
¼ teaspoons salt, divided
1 lb ground turkey, dark or light meat
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin
8 corn tortillas, warmed
Hot sauce to taste (optional)
Sliced avocado (optional)
For the Peach Basil Salsa:
4 ripe firm peaches, finely chopped
Juice of 2 limes
¼ yellow or white onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons finely chopped basil
⅛–¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño (optional)
- Set aside ¼ of the chopped onion in a medium bowl for the salsa.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the remaining ¾ of the chopped onion and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Sauté 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened.
- Add the turkey, garlic, cumin, and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Cook the turkey, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by combining the peaches, lime juice, onion, basil, jalapeño (if using), and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Make the tacos by filling each tortilla with cooked turkey and topping with peach salsa.
Serve the tacos deconstructed by offering cooked turkey, a warmed tortilla, sliced peaches, and a few leaves of basil separately on a plate.
Swap cilantro or fresh mint for the basil in the salsa.
Use ground beef in place of the turkey.
Make these tacos paleo- and Whole30-friendly by swapping lettuce wraps for tortillas.