Fast, simple, and ultra flavorful, 15-Minute Turkey Cranberry Lettuce Wraps make a delicious weeknight meal and come together in just minutes.
When I run out of inspiration and can’t figure out what to make for dinner, one of my favorite fall-back meals is lettuce wraps. They take just a few minutes to make and yet somehow turn an ordinary dinner into something special.
There are plenty of lettuce wrap recipes out there, but many of them require a million ingredients and lots of chopping. Not necessarily what I’m looking for on a busy weeknight. So instead I created this one to contain just a few, simple ingredients and to require minimal chopping. It’s surprisingly flavorful, though, and is perfect for a light dinner or a fun appetizer.
I used radicchio for these wraps, which is part of the chicory family. I love the color, but fair warning, it’s bitter. I love the flavor, but it can sometimes be hard to find and is more expensive than butter lettuce or romaine. I’d say if you want something a little different, go for the radicchio. But for a day-to-day dinner, go for butter lettuce or romaine.
A word, too, on adapting this meal for feeding a family. I personally like lettuce wraps because they are filling and light. That being said, they are a little too light for my husband, so I round out the meal with bread or quinoa for him. I also provide a grain or bread side for my daughter, plus skip the lettuce wraps altogether. She gobbled up her deconstructed meal “turkey meatballs,” and told me I should put this recipe on the blog for other mommies and daddies to make for their kids. So there you go. We hope you enjoy!
1 | Pull aside some of the cooked turkey and onion mixture prior to adding the lime juice, cranberries, and sage. Serve the turkey “meatballs,” along with the cranberries separately on a plate.
2 | Lettuce wraps are a fun way to entice kids to eat their veggies, but if your child isn’t going for it, offer them tortillas as an alternative.
3| Round out the meal with cooked quinoa or brown rice.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, and Whole30 Friendly
15-Minute Turkey Cranberry Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced or grated
- 1 pound ground dark or light meat turkey
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened or apple juice sweetened cranberries*
- Juice of half a lime about 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 head butter lettuce or radicchio
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, and sauté, stirring frequently, until translucent and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and turkey. Sprinkle with an additional ¼ teaspoon salt, then sauté, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberries, lime juice, and sage, stirring to combine.
- Serve warm, wrapped in lettuce cups.